Miami Monetary Museum
Visitors are required to wear masks and show proof of vaccination or a negative PCR or antigen rapid test.
Welcome to the Miami Branch's Monetary Museum. Explore historical currency from around Florida as well as large-denomination currency no longer in use. The museum also features interactive, multimedia videos on the history and functions of the Fed. Guided tours will also include a visit to the Bank's cash-processing area where visitors will learn about the Fed's cash function.
A tour of the museum will include a presentation that provides in-depth lessons on the role of the Federal Reserve in the US economy.
- Learn how and why the Fed conducts monetary policy and how its actions affect your life.
- Hear about the Fed's important roles in bank supervision and regulation.
- Get the big picture of the many ways the Fed provides payments system services to help our economy run smoothly and maintain the stability of the financial system.
Then, you can look inside our cash-processing operations, where millions of dollars are counted, sorted, or shredded daily. Visitors will receive a souvenir of shredded currency.
All this and more awaits you at the Miami Branch Monetary Museum.
Plan Your Visit
Guided tours by appointment only
The Miami Branch offers only guided tours; no walk-in visitors are allowed. Groups must have a minimum of 10 members for a tour, with a maximum of 30 people. Schedule your free group guided tour of the Monetary Museum by appointment only. Tours are offered on select Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 10 a.m. (ET). Tours are offered for 3rd- to 12th-grade students, college and university students, and business and community groups. The duration of the tour is approximately two hours.
Please be aware that the tour calendar gets booked four to six months in advance. Keep this in mind when you request a tour date.
To request a group guided tour, please complete the form.
COVID-19 requirements for visitors (as of December 30, 2022)
COVID-19 community levels in Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta locations currently are Jacksonville (low levels); Atlanta and New Orleans (medium levels); and Miami (high levels). In these conditions, all adult visitors and minors aged 5–17 entering the Atlanta Fed main office or one of our Branches must provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative PCR or antigen rapid test result (no at home tests). Proof of vaccination or a negative test are not required for children under the age of 5. If you are unvaccinated and use a negative test result to enter, you must have taken the test on or after the Friday preceding the day you enter the building. In addition, you must wear a mask if unvaccinated. If you are vaccinated, check the location where you will be entering for mask requirements.
Note: Please check this page often. You can check infection levels in your community on the CDC website.
To ensure the safety of visitors and staff, all visitors must walk through a metal detector. Please be prepared to remove all objects from your pockets and place them in the bins. If you are unable to walk through the detector, the officer will screen you by hand with an electronic wand.
You may store your valuables and other personal effects in secured lockers. All cell phones must be locked up prior to visiting the cash-processing area.
Please note the following:
- The vehicle will be screened at the West gate prior entering our facility. The driver must present a valid driver’s license. Parking will be provided inside the premises.
- We do not allow any weapons, including pepper spray and pocketknives, into the museum.
- The Bank prohibits photography as well as audio and video recording.
- All adults in the tour group must present a valid form of government-issued ID. A list of all attendees must be submitted to email@example.com one week prior to your visit.
Thank you. We hope you enjoy your visit.