The Atlanta Fed's Commitment to Employee Well-being
The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is committed to helping promote each employee's physical, personal, financial, and professional well-being. To help employees and their families reach their well-being goals, the Bank makes it a top priority to provide a benefits program that is among the best available.
The Atlanta Fed’s benefits program emphasizes value, ﬂexibility, convenience, and choice. Employees have the freedom to select the plans and programs that are right for them.
Our extensive offerings include:
Thrift Plan (401(k) plan)
Receive an employer matched contribution of $1 for every $1 you contribute up to the first six percent of salary per pay period, in addition to an automatic one percent employer contribution.
Retirement plan (pension plan)
We offer a monthly pension benefit starting at retirement based on years of service and salary. You are generally vested in your retirement plan benefit after you have completed five years of service.
The health benefits offered—including the medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans—aim to be among the most competitive in the marketplace. Atlanta Fed staff can participate in one of four medical plans and one of three dental plans.
- Flexible spending accounts (health care, day care, and commuter parking)
- FedFit health and wellness program
- Access to onsite fitness center
- Paid time off
- Financial education program
- Employee assistance program
- Medical and paternal leaves
- Adoption assistance plan
- Identity theft protection
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Basic life insurance
- Commuter subsidy program
- Business travel insurance
- Disability insurance
- Group legal insurance*
- Personal accident insurance*
- Group universal life insurance*
*These benefits are voluntary and paid by the employee.
Updated October 2017